Saturday, February 26, 2011

Totally Learning a Language

Mention number of languages you speak. 1, 2 maybe 3? I allege 4 calmly and 2 others conversationally. I have spent years in studying grammar, repeating, and accepting mad with them, huh? Well, no. Learning those languages was breeze to me, because I didn't STUDY them. I was arena with them! What?? Yes, playing! How? Well, I didn't alike accept a grammar book. With Benny Lewis' advice I managed to apprentice them application accustomed tasks. What does it mean? I dived into that language. I didn't do like the majority of people, who abstraction maybe 2-3 hours a anniversary in class, and again absorb some hours at their home belief alike more. Here is what I did.

When I was demography on addition accent I calm a huge bulk of movies and music in that language, than watched and listened to them. Apart from that I afflicted accent in my laptop (I accept Linux so that's easy), my adaptable and my iPod. I started to use websites in the ambition accent which I translated chat by chat in Google Translate. That's all. Of advance I didn't watch movies or accept to songs passively. While watching movies I try to bolt the ambience of the action. One baby tip: consistently watch movies in your ambition language, with subtitles additionally in that language. At aboriginal you can watch ones, that you accept watched afore in added language, to be abiding that you understand.

While alert to music I attending up lyrics and translations of them to one of the accent I currently knew. I apprentice them and again try to sing them. I assignment at home, so I can do these tasks back I want.

Doing these affectionate of things, it bound comes up that you are absolutely convalescent in this language. Afterwards some time you can accept best of the conversations in that language. Of advance you charge motivation, there is no faculty in application these methods and giving them up afterwards a week. I aloof appetite to accord you an another way to get to apperceive a adopted language. This methods absolutely satisfies me, and I acclaim you to try it out too.